Vision: “Achieve academic excellence in basic and applied aspects of plant Sciences.”
Mission: Committed to achieve the academic excellence and promote research towards strengthening the students’ competence to fetch more and more opportunities in the field of plant science.
Aim of Department
- To impart basic and advanced education to students through teaching, learning, research and evaluation.
- To motivate the students to undertake research in basic and applied thrust areas of plant sciences.
- To inculcate scientific awareness towards protecting diversity and Eco-environmental management of plant resources for sustainable development.
Scope of the subject
After completing graduation in Botany student can appear for various competitive examinations and PG courses like
- Indian Forest Services, Indian Administrative Services conducted by UPSC.
- PG courses like M.Sc (Botany), M.Sc (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Molecular Biology), M.Sc (Genetics). Microbiology, mycology and phycology.
- Amongst the careers available to a person who enjoys outdoors are positions as an ecologist, taxonomist, conservationist, and forester.
- Student can obtain specialization in plant breeding, plant pathology, agronomy, and horticulture.
- Number of employments available in pharmaceutical companies, seed companies, biotechnology firms, scientific publishers and biological supply houses.
The Department of Botany, established in 1990, is one of the leading Departments in the field of teaching and research in plant sciences. The founder head Dr. M. G. take hard contribution to stand this department with his best teaching and extensive practice. The rural students attract towards science faculty due educational awareness spilt by him. The department runs with U.G. level. In response to the increased the works load, Dr. N. G. Kashid & Mr. B. J. Hirve were appointed on 15 June, 1999. Due to the further increase in work load Shri C. T. Gaikwad was appointed as CHB lecture in 2006.
Botanical garden of the Department has in developing way with the unique identity having the collection of over various plant species of ferns, gymnosperms and medicinal plants.
- Establishment of Department: 1990
- Establishment & programme offered
|Sr. No.||Department||Particulars||Date of Establishment|
|1||UG||F.Y., B.Sc. Botany||1990|
|2||S.Y., B.Sc. Botany||1991|
|3||T.Y., B.Sc. Botany||1992|
Annual/ Semester/ Choice Based Credit System
|Annual||Semester||Choice Based Credit System||As per rules & regulation Of Dr. BAMU University|
Number of teaching posts
|Sr. No.||Name of the Teacher||Qualification||Appointment Date||Designation||Specialization||Experience|
|1||Dr. M.G. Fawde||M. Sc. Ph.D.||11-07-1991||Principal & Head||Plant Pathology||28|
|2||Dr. N. G. Kashid||M. Sc. Ph.D.||15-06-1999||Associate professor||Plant Cytogenetics||18|
|3||Mr. B.J. Hirve||M.Sc. M.Phil.||15-06-1999||Assistant professor||Plant Taxonomy||18|
|4||Mr. C.T. Gaikwad||M. Sc. M.Phil.||Lecturer||Plant Pathology||10|
|Sr. No||Name of Visiting faculty||Designation||Area of Specialization|
|01||Dr. D. S. Mukadam||Professor||Plant Pathology|
|02||Dr. V. S. Kothekar||Professor||Plant Genetics|
|03||Dr. A.V. Kothekar||Professor||Plant Genetics|
|04||Dr. Narayan Pandhure||Associate Professor||Plant Tissue culture|
|05||Dr. Millind Jadhav||Associate Professor||Plant Phycology|
|06||Dr. D. S. Jadhav||Associate Professor||Plant Aerobiology|
|07||Dr. Mukund Kulthe||Associate Professor||Plant Genetics|
|08||Dr. Nikhil Gaikwad||Associate Professor||Plant Genetics|
Student – teacher ratio
|Level||Class||Number of teacher||Student-Teacher ratio|
|UC||B.Sc-I + B.Sc-II + B.Sc-III
117 + 108 +85 = 310
|04||77.5 : 01|
Qualification of Faculty:
Faculty research contribution:
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Research paper presented/ published in|
|1||Dr. M.G. Fawde||10||02||24||36|
|2||Dr. N. G. Kashid||05||02||40||47|
|3||Mr. B.J. Hirve||01||01||14||16|
|4||Mr. C.T. Gaikwad||–||–||01||01|
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Name of Book||Publisher||ISBN Number||Year|
|1||Dr. N. G. Kashid||Problems in Genetics||Rut printer & publisher Jalna. (MS)||978-93-84663-02-5||2015|
|2||Dr. N. G. Kashid||Major constrains & verdict of crop productivity (Chapter)||Astral Publication New Delhi||9789351243700||2015|
|3||Dr. N. G. Kashid||Crop improvement in Vegetables||Astral Publication New Delhi||978-93-86071-39-2||2017|
|4||Dr. N. G. Kashid||Recent trends in life sciences for Sustainable Development||Educational publisher & distributor Aurangabad||978-93-80876-11-5||2017|
|5||Mr. B.J. Hirve||Shabdgandh||Shaurya Publications||978-93-83672-12-7||2015|
Faculty as member in Educational Board:
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Educational Board|
Honors and Awards Received by Faculty
|Dr. N.G. Kashid||“Mahatma Phule Best Teacher Award” by MUPTA, Aurangabad (2011)|
|Mr. B.J. Hirve||·State Level Ideal teacher Award by Millind Social Organization Nasik (2010)
·Ideal Teacher Award by Maharashtra Under Privileged Teachers Association (2015)
List of Eminent academician Visit to Department:
|Sr. No.||Eminent Visited Faculty||Institution||Date|
|01||Dr. Babasaheb Thombre||V.N.M.K.University Parbhani||23 Dec 2017|
|02||Dr. V. S. Kothkar||Dr. BAMU University||23 Dec 2017|
|03||Dr. Mahesh Chavan||Bioseed India , Hyderabad||23 Dec 2017|
|04||Dr. A.V. Kothkar||Dr. BAMU University||23 Dec 2017|
|05||Dr. Narayan Pandhure||Dr. BAMU University||08 Dec 2017|
|06||Dr. Millind Jadhav||Sir Sayyad College Aurangabad||23 Dec 2017|
|07||Dr. D. S. Jadhav||S.D.M. college Kalam, Osmanabad||23 Dec 2017|
|08||Dr. Mukund Kulthe||Millind Science College Aurangabad||23 Dec 2017|
|09||Dr. Nikhil Gaikwad||Shivaji University Kolhapur||23 Dec 2017|
Conference / Seminar/ Workshop organized:
|Sr. No||Name of Conference / Seminar||Level||Date|
|1||Integrated disease management||State||January 2008|
|2||Plant tissue culture: A Biotechnological Tool||University||08th Dec 2017|
|3||Recent Trends in Life Sciences for Sustainable Development||National||23rd Dec 2017|
|4||Essay writing competition||State||25th Jan 2018|
Student Admission profile:
|Sr. No||Year||Class||Application Received||Selected Student||Total|
Student Result Profile:
|Sr. No||Year||Class||Students appeared for Examination||Passed student||Percentage|
Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
- ICT based
- LCD/OHP Projector
- Group discussion
- Practical method
- E-Contents like PPT, CD, YOUTUBE
- Study tours
Participation in social & Extensive activities:
- Tree plantation
- Soil & water conservation
- Water harvesting
- Green & clean campus
SWOT Analysis of Department:
- Committed and dedicated faculty
- Faculties have capabilities and goodwill to generate resources
- Participation of faculty in National, International Scientific events for knowledge up gradation.
- Continuous support students’ for research and innovation.
- Faculty contribute towards progress and development of the college
- Insufficient extensive activities for student’s establishment support
- Rapid and drastic change in academic and social environment
- Academic and administrative innovations
- Our college being a Lead College in Rural area
- Developing consultancy services in emerging fields to generate resources
- Changed attitude of the students towards education
- Documentation of traditional knowledge on medicinal plants.
- To setup herbarium house of flowering and medicinal plants.
- To set up center for awareness of environment.
- To develop e-herbarium
- To submit Research Proposal to UGC, DBT etc.
- To start Diploma/Certificate Courses in
- Tissue Culture
- Mushroom Technology
- Nursery development
Tissue culture Workshop On 08th Dec 2017.
National Seminar on “Recent trends in Life Sciences for Sustainable Development” on 23rd Dec 2017.
State Level Seminar On “Integrated disease management”