A: IMPORTANCE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
Optimum development – Physical education considers the child as a united whole of mental, social, moral, and physical qualities and provides for the optimum development of all these through the physical activities. Every body likes sports. Physical Education is a vital part of education. Physical Education always attracts mass to perform activities at various level. Physical Education is accepted world wide in education curriculum starting from playgroup to P.G. Physical Education is one of the optional subjects in social science faculty. Physical Education helps to maintain physical fitness and mental health of individuals
1. Physical growth and development – Physical activity must be learned; hence there is a need for thinking on the part of the intellectual mechanism, with a resulting acquisition of knowledge. Physical activities are essential for the development of a child’s scientific insight, intelligence and superior type of reflective thinking.
2. Intellectual development- Physical activities must be learned; hence there is a need for thinking on the part of the intellectual mechanism, with a resulting acquisition of knowledge. Physical activities are essential for the development of a child’s scientific insight, intelligence and superior type of reflective thinking.
3. Emotional development – Physical education provides opportunities to control emotions. The give and take of games and sports offer scope for both emotional release and the controlling of the emotions.
4. Social adjustment – Physical activities provide opportunity of interaction between participants and others in varied situations enabling them to learn social qualities like sportsmanship, co-operation, honesty, friendship, fellowship, courtesy, self discipline, and respect for authority which promote social adjustment of an individual.
5. Personal adjustment – Physical education gives a full and worth- while experience to the individual which help him to realize fullest self- expression and highest satisfaction from the results of his action, and thereby facilitates his personal adjustment in life.
6. Character development – Group effort, loyalty to the team and stron ties is much in evidence in play and physical activities. They provide a valuable contribution to the development of good moral character.
7. Physical fitness – Physical education through exercise and knowledge about one’s body and its requirements contribute immensely to physical fitness. Regular exercise improves our physical efficiently, sense of well-being and appearance.
The professional societies working all over the world –
- American Alliance for Health and Physical Education Recreation. And Dance AAHPERD (www.aahperd.org)
- World Health Organization WHO (www.who.int).
- Sports Authority of India. SAI (www.sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in)
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.( yas.nic.in)
Sports have become a big industry playing vital role in economic growth.
B: SCOPE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
The areas of specialization in Physical Education like, Sports Training, Sports Psychology, Sports Management, Sports Marketing, Sports Event Management, , Sports Writing, Sports Journalism, Sports Goods production. Sports Anthropometry, Sports Bio mechanics, Sports Low, Sports And Nutrition, Sports Physiotherapy, Sports Masseurs, Sports Publishing, Health and Physical fitness, Yoga education, Physiology and Exercise, Sport doping, Sports Administration, Sports engineering etc.
2) Mental development – The learning of skills, game, rules, techniques and strategies, and judgment making equip an individual to interpret new situations effectively. Physical education programme also make an individual aware regarding the importance of sanitation, health and hygienic, prevention of disease, balance diet and health habits hereby improving his mental development.
C: INTRODUCTION OF DEPARTMENT:
Vasant Mahavidyalaya Kaij. College established in 1990. The Sports department was also started in same time and started catering Physical Education and sports facility to all college students. We have indoor facility for Chase & a Multi gym. All necessary Sports related equipment’s are available. We have a Ground like Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho and also we have 400 mtr. Running Jogging track, and ample area to conduct Athletics events, which is one and only of its kind in the district. At a time 30 archers can practice on the range.
We always give proper Training and coaching various games according to the Competitions and maintain Standard safety measures required for specific sport or event.
Main Aim of Department not only to participate & win a competition but also develop overall personality, a good citizenship and fitness. We encourage the students to take part in Sports activities and competitions. We have schedule for practice in various games and all sports equipment given by sports department. We always maintain the Sports Issue Register, Stock register, Inward outward, Student enrollment data register, and attendance of players. During the Competition College provides equipment and Sports Kits (T-shirts& shorts). Many times the boys & girls is ready to play but opposed from the family, at such condition we personally meet the parents & have a talk with them , explain them that college is going to take the responsibility & personal care of every participants . College provides full security to them in all conditions. College offer special platform to selected students and give them an opportunity to participate in all the tournaments organized by different Institution and different places. For that purpose college authority makes Sports committee to look sports affairs and smooth conduct of sports. In such cases college bear all the related expenses (food, Accommodation, traveling etc.)
From our college those students who have achieved positions, prizes & medals in competitions, department publishes the
News in News Papers by felicitated by college. That effect gives maximum students to take part in SPORTS. Every year College meritorious sportsmen are given Mementos, Blazer, and certificates on Annual social Gathering function, by the hands of special guest.
1. To develop elements of leading a healthy lifestyle.
2. To maintain their Fitness, Develop their Muscular strength, increase their Stamina and thus Stretch their Physical Abilities.
3. Of maintaining a healthy Body, which in turn keeps them Happy & Energized.
4. To Promotes the SOUND Physical Fitness.
5 The development of personality characterad discipline,
D ESTABLISHMENT OF THE DEPARTMENT: 1990
a) Former Heads :
Sr No. Name of the Heads Tenure
1 Dr.Dongre Madhav Ramkishan 1993-till date
E: ACHIEVEMENT OF DEPARTMENT:-
It is one of the biggest departments in the college so plays leadership role in many activities like organizing the Inter collegiate tournaments, Annual Social Gathering Sports, Celebration days of national importance, like National Sports day, , summer coaching camps, day, Teachers day, Sports coaching camps for college students. Students take parts in almost every game notified by University and Sports directorate every year, and get selected at District, Division, State, national and All India Basis.
The Strong area of sports events of our college are,
Meritorious Sportsperson of college:
Following are the details of the outstanding performances of the college students at Inter-college, and Inter-University tournaments from 2017-18 onward.
|Sr.no||Name of the Student||Class||Participation Level and Event|
|1||Mr. Dhapate Ashok H.||B.Sc-II||Participated In ICT Athletics Tournament.|
|2||Mr. Dhapate Amit H.||B.SC-II||Participated In ICT Athletics Tournament.|
|1||Ku. Jyoti B. Dhapate||B.SC.111||IUT Krishi Vidyapeeth Parbhani Athletic|
|2||Ku.Survase Kalpane Baliram||B,A III||Participated IctAthletic Beed|
|3||Ku. Choure K. B.||B.A III||Participated in Tournament IctAthletic Beed|
|1||Ku, Dhapate J,B.||B.SC-II||IUT S.R.T.University Nanded Athletics|
|2||Mr. More S.S||B,A.III||Iut 1500MT. Third Place Aubad.|
|3||Mr.Kader S.R.||B.A.I||Participated Ict Athletic beed|
Following are the details of the outstanding performances of the college students at Inter-college, and Inter-University tournaments before 2014-15 onwards.
|Sr.no||Name of the Student||Class||Participation Level and Event|
|1||Mr. Kadar N.R.||B.A III||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|2||Mr. Nawgire S.B.||B.Com II||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|3||Mr. Tapase K.S.||B. A. I||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|4||Mr, Ingle Y.C.||B. A. I||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|5||Mr.Kapare V.S.||B.SC.I||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|6||Mr. Kadar R.B.||B.A,III||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|7||Mr. More S.S.||B.SC I||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|8||Mr. Tate A.R.||B.A.II||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|9||Mr.Ingle Y,C||B,A.I||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|10||Mr.Buthkar Y.D.||B.SC II||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|11||Mr. Shinde U.A||B.A.I||Participated in Athletic ICT Tornament beed|
|12||Shri Londhe I.B.||B.SC .I||ICT Javelian Ist Place Dept. A bad|
|13||Shri. Shaikh Feraz||B.SC.III||. ICT Judo First Plase Mahiloa college Ambajogai 2009-10|
|14||Shri. Kshirsagar A.B.||B,A.III||ICT Wresting 60kg. Second Place K,M.G.College Washi 2004-05|
|15||Shri. Shaikh Irfan||B.SC.I||ICT Judo First Place 100kg. Chistiya college khultabad, 2008-09|
|16||Shri. Shaikh Jamiel Allauddin||B.SC. I||ICT Boxing First Place A.D.College kada, 2004-05|
|17||Shri Sarwade Sugat||B.SC.II||ICT Tripal jump First place Dr.B.A.M.U A Bad|
|18||Shri. Kshirsagar A.B.||B.A.II||ICT Wrestling Second placeAndur college. 2003-04|
|19||Shri. Kshirsagar A.B.||B.A.II||IUT. Wrestling Kurukshetre Haryana,2003-04|
|20||Shri. Sarwade S.N.||B. SC.II||Tripal Jump Dr,BAMU Aurangabad.2002-03.|
F: FACULTIES AVAILABLE:
|Sr.No.||Name of the Teacher||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Dr. Dongre M, R.||M,PEd.Ph.D||DPE.& Head|
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS:
- Teachers List :
|Sr.||Name of the Head||Designation||Tenure|
|1||Dr. Dongre M, R,||Director, Physical Education||19/7/1993 till working|
C Student Profile:- entry level competencies ,Socioeconomic. Statu ,language proficiency etc.
Student Profile For the academic year 2017-18.
Student passed HSC examination can take admission to B>A>I year and elect physical Education as one of the optional subjects ABOUT34%Students belonging to backward category. AA the students are formrural area.
The student from this Department Know Marathi, Hindi and English Languages 8
* Changes made in the courses of programmes during the past five years contribution of the faculty to those change ;-
The affiliated university has the right to change the curriculum the university changes curriculums periodically. The changeges done by the university in curriculum implemented it time to time . last five years minor changes in physical Education The university introduced semester system ,
** Trends in the success and dropout rates of students this peroad Success rate of student is 70% Dropout rate 30%
*****Modrn teaching methods practiced and use ICT in teaching learning PARticipation of teachers in academic and personal counseling of student discussion guidance and suggestions.
G: FUTURE PLAN:
- Organize Summer Coaching Camp & Adventure Training Camp
- Organize the matches of Inter College State,& West Zone of following Games.
- Motivate students to involve in sports Activities,
- To organize verse game ICT tournament,
H: BEST PRACTICES:
- Free coaching and Support for equipment’s to needy students.
- Provides self-written books for reference.
- Journals and Magazine provided.
Dr. Madhav R. Dongre
Vasant Mahavidyalay, Kaij