Year of Establishment :- 1990
Programmes Offered :- UG
Number of Teaching Posts :-
* Out of total posts, 1 is Assistant Professor, 1 is Vacant
Faculty Profile :-
|Sr. No.||Name||Qualification||Date of Appointment||Designation||Specialization/ Research Area||Experience|
|1.||Dr. Bhande S. S.||M. Sc.; M.Phil; P.hD.||7th July 2014||Asst. Professor||Material Science||6 years|
Visiting Faculty :-
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Area of Specialization/ Research|
|1||Mr. S. G. Munde||Asst. Prof.||Electronics|
|2||Mr. S. B. Solunke||Lecturer||Nuclear Physics|
|3.||Mr. Sapate G. C.||Lecturer||Solid state Physics|
|4.||Mr. Agale S. R.||Lecturer||Solid State Physics|
Student – Teacher Ratio :-
|Level||Class||Number of Teachers||Student – Teacher Ratio|
Supporting Staff (Only for Science):-
Qualification of Teaching Faculty:-
|Qualification of Teaching|
Faculty Research Contribution:-
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Research Papers Published/ Presented in..|
|1||Dr. Bhande S.S.||14||01||19||34|
List of Eminent Academicians visited to the Department:-
|Sr. No.||Eminent Visited Faculty||Date|
|1||Dr. Vijayanand G. Kalamse||14th March 2016|
Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops organized by Department:-
|Sr. No.||Title of Conference/ Seminar/ Workshop||Date|
|1||National Conference on “Recent Trends in Nano-science and Nanotechnology for Clean and Sustainable Development”||03 Feb 2018|
Student Admission Profile:-
|Sr. No.||Year||Class||Application Received for Admission||Selected Student||Total|
Student Result Profile:-
|Sr. No.||Year||Class||No. of Appeared Student for Exam||No. of Passed Student||Percentage|
Teaching Methods adopted to improve student learning:-
- Power Point presentation
- Educational Videos
iii. Students Seminar
- Group discussion on various topics
- Participation in Institutional Social Responsibilities and Extension Activities:-
- Journal Reviewer : Daltan Transitions; RSC advances; Materials letters; Scripts Materilia; Physical solid status A etc…
- SWOT Analysis of Department:-
- Department has well qualified staff
- Visiting Faculties are arranged for subject as well as research related activities.
- Department is making efforts to bring different field eminent resource persons to deliver and guide students on various topics.
- IIIrd year students are made to interact with foreign research students through Skype
- Inadequate full time staff
- Lack of separate ICT lab for Physics.
|All disciplines of Engineering’s||Space Science.|
|Digital Electronics & Computer Science||Seismic Science.|
|Agro and Pharmaceutical Technology||Energy Science.|
|Weather Science & Weather Forecasting.||Remote Sensing.|
|All branches of Instrumentation.||Robotic Science|
|Aviations & Navigation.||War affair Science|
|Industrial Automation.||Medical Science|
- Organization of Study and Industrial Tours for UG.
- Establishment of Employment Cell and Organization of Campus Interview for student placements.(From Academic Year 2021-22)
- Establishment of Research cell of Physics Department. (From Academic Year 2019-20).
- Establishment of Departmental Library and Study Centre in Physics Department. (From Academic Year 2019-20).
- Organization of Seminars, Workshops and Conferences at least one per academic year. (From Academic Year 2018-19).
- To include and initiate research in department and hence to get collaboration with some research and educational institutes.